home . news & publications . Investment News . Azerbaijan to Build Mega oil and Gas Plant

Azerbaijan to Build Mega oil and Gas Plant

SOCAR's new Oil, Gas Processing and Petrochemical Complex will start its operations between 2020-2023

Azerbaijan's new Oil, Gas Processing and Petrochemical Complex at a cost of $8.5 billion is nearing the completion of its project phase.

Azerbaijan's new complex is one of the most strategic investments of the country, according to Rovnag Abdullayev, president of Azerbaijan's state-owned energy giant SOCAR.

Abdullayev speaking at the press conference of the new OGPC, described the complex as a "Mega Project" and added that 15 thousand people will work on the construction which will be built on a 4,500 hectares area 60 kilometers south of Baku, in accordance with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's instructions.

The new OGPC will start operating between 2020-2023 with a 12 billion cubic meter capacity of natural gas processing plant, an oil refinery with a nine million ton capacity, and a 1.1 million ton petrochemical plant.

The Azerbaijan government will finance 30 percent of the project while the other 70 percent will be financed by national and international private firms.

Source: World Bulletin

Back to top

subscribe

events view our upcoming events.

network follow us.



   facebook  linkedin  twitter

 bp
anglo-asian ata-holding
azpetrol statoil
bny_melon azertrans
chevron_logo conocophillips
  ibar exxonmobil
 solar-turbines boeing-logo-website
 
  
 
           
        
   
 
 
         pg
    ekvitasocaraqs            
          ge