home . news & publications . Investment News . TANAP Construction to Start in 2013

TANAP Construction to Start in 2013

Construction of the Trans-Anatolian (TANAP) pipeline project is scheduled to start by the end of next year, the president of SOCAR, Rovnag Abdullayev, said on September 15.

He said that next year the company plans to start buying land for the construction of the pipeline. All of the design and regulatory work in the project will be conducted in parallel to speed up its implementation, Abdullayev said.

Azerbaijan and Turkey signed an intergovernmental agreement on June 26 on the Trans-Anatolian (TANAP) pipeline project. In December last year, Azerbaijan and Turkey signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a consortium that would build a gas pipeline to supply gas from "Shah Deniz" to Europe through Turkey. Currently, a 20 percent share in TANAP is owned by Turkish BOTAS, while SOCAR owns the remaining 80 percent. The initial annual capacity of the pipeline is expected to reach 16 billion cubic meters. About six billion cubic meters will be delivered to Turkey, with the rest delivered onward throughout Europe.

Source: AzerTAc

Back to top

subscribe

events view our upcoming events.

network follow us.



   facebook  linkedin  twitter

 bp
anglo-asian ata-holding
azpetrol statoil
bny_melon azertrans
chevron_logo conocophillips
  ibar exxonmobil
 solar-turbines boeing-logo-website
 
  
 
           
        
   
 
 
         pg
    ekvitasocaraqs            
          ge